Who is this course for?
- Anyone with an interest in sports and performance improvement through analysis
- Anyone who wishes to ‘skill up’ and learn about the next generation in performance analysis technology from Performa Sports
- Coaches, analysts and athletes interested in self-analysis and personal performance improvement
Students we offer discounted rates for those in full-time and part-time study - Request your discount code
What will I gain?
- 60-days free access to Performa Sports iPad Application
- Course recognised at level 4 on the National Qualifications and Credit Framework
- Opportunity to benefit from Higher Education
- Attain 5 credits towards Certificate for Personal and Professional Development (CPPD)
- Ulster University certification
- Excellent understanding of Performa Sports performance analysis software
- Knowledge to apply efficient analysis workflows and effective performance communication (linking analysis to performance teaching)
What is CPPD?
The Certificate for Personal and Professional Development (CPPD) is a framework within Ulster University with a range of short courses of study which can be undertaken at any stage in life, regardless of prior qualifications. You can study small courses which can be built up to achieve an award (60 credits in total) from the University.
- Location: Clayton Hotel, Manchester Airport
- Where to meet: Main reception
- Parking: Hotel car parking
What to bring
If you have access to an iPad, download Performa Sports from the App Store and register your free 21-day trial (we will extend this to 60-days from the course date), please bring this with you. Training iPads will also be available if required.
- Welcome and course introduction
- Principles and theory of analysis
- Observation, communication and learning styles
- Identifying and defining key performance indicators
- Performa Sports software set up
- Understanding your athletes
- Relating analysis to the ‘Pillars of Performance’
- Statistical analysis and video analysis
- Filming and video perspectives
- Live game tagging and post-game tagging
- Managing the analysis process
- Needs Analysis
- Data analysis, presentation and feedback
- Assignment briefing – best practice