Who is this course for?
- Anyone with an interest in sports and performance improvement through analysis
- Anyone who wishes to ‘skill up’ and learn about the next generation in performance analysis technology from Performa Sports
- Coaches, analysts and athletes interested in self-analysis and personal performance improvement
Students we offer discounted rates for those in full-time and part-time study - Request your discount code
What will I gain?
- 60-days free access to Performa Sports iPad app
- Course recognised at level 4 on the National Qualifications and Credit Framework
- Opportunity to benefit from Higher Education
- Attain 5 credits towards Certificate for Personal and Professional Development (CPPD)
- Ulster University certification
- Excellent understanding of Performa Sports performance analysis software
- Knowledge to apply efficient analysis workflows and effective performance communication (linking analysis to performance teaching)
What is CPPD?
The Certificate for Personal and Professional Development (CPPD) is a framework within Ulster University with a range of short courses of study which can be undertaken at any stage in life, regardless of prior qualifications. You can study small courses which can be built up to achieve an award (60 credits in total) from the University.
What to bring (optional)
If you have access to an iPad, download Performa Sports from the App Store and register your free 21-day trial. We will extend your free period to 60-days.
- Webinar platform: Zoom
- Getting access: You will receive your unique access link by email
- Interactions: Q&A and chat
If you don't already have Zoom installed on your device, download the app to your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Finally, test your audio in advance.
Online Course outline
Part 1 - Tue 2nd Mar, 7pm - 9pm
- Welcome and course introduction
- Principles and theory of analysis
- Observation, communication and learning styles
- Identifying and defining key performance indicators
Part 2 - Thur 4th Mar, 7pm - 9pm
- Understanding your athletes
- Relating analysis to the ‘Pillars of Performance’
- Performa Sports software set up
Part 3 - Tue 9th Mar, 7pm - 9pm
- Live game tagging and post-game tagging
- Filming and video perspectives
- Statistical analysis and video analysis
Part 4 - Thur 11th Mar, 7pm - 9pm
- Managing the analysis process
- Needs Analysis
- Data analysis, presentation and feedback
- Assignment briefing – best practice